Penrith 24 hr Emergency Tree Surgeon
Professional Tree Removal & Trimming Services throughout Cumbria
Taking Care Of Storm Damaged Trees
Though they are generally considered as being solid and permanent, trees can easily end up being vulnerable in adverse weather conditions such as storms and strong winds. Intense storms and very high winds have been seen to wipe out trees and tear even the healthiest and sturdiest trees out of the ground, sending them smashing to the ground, or onto power lines, buildings, neighbours’ gardens and vehicles.
How many times following a storm have you heard about dislodged branches & storm-damaged trees damaging property or blocking the road. Apart from the inconvenience & danger it also can cause expensive repair work.
The toughest option following a storm isn’t how to dispose of the trees that are definitely down, that is pretty straightforward. The harder decision is whether or not any of the trees left standing can be saved.
Various trees that have been partially affected in the storm may well pose a future risk and might need to be cut down and took out to avoid placing people & property at risk in many months or even years ahead.
Other trees could be saved by being trimmed back, with their worst cracked sections being ‘amputated’ similar to how a surgeon might remove a gangrenous leg. Others will require to be staked down with guy cables or supported with other supports until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree experts can be relied upon to get rid of the injured trees efficiently, safely and quickly to allow the building and construction teams easy access to the building to start repairs on the affected structures and power cables.
Contact Us Today For A Free No Obligation Quotation
Various Sorts Of Storm Damage
Each of these sorts of problem leads to a distinct prognosis for the trees’ potential survival, but forming a diagnosis is a task ideally left to a fully certified arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is much more likely to overlook a small detail that could differentiate one conclusion from another, such as noticing the splinters from a crown twist but overlooking the slight lean which indicates that the roots also failed.
There are basically 6 types of storm damage which a tree can’t usually stand up to:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree falls down.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the soil, causing the trees crown to fall or to lean strongly while the bottom section continues to be standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the roots of the tree break under the soil, resulting in the tree pitching or swinging dramatically.
- Branch Failures – is where several limbs of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates enough to splinter, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The entire crown effectively transforms into a weather vane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, for now. Lightening hits have a several additional effects including massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is typically at a substantially higher danger to fall even if it got through the initial storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree specialists will not only remove upended trees properly and without further damage to property, but they will also can give useful suggestions on just how to save or preserve existing trees that are still standing, although they could have been injured in the storm. Our very qualified team can review the scenario on your residential or commercial property and explain to you which trees have experienced more than enough damage that they’d die regardless of whether they were properly raised and replanted.
Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find your self in need of a local 24-hour emergency tree surgeon then our specialist tree surgeons will get on site at the very first opportunity to evaluate the problem and inform you of all the remedial strategies available.
If we can’t fully clear away the tree, we’ll at least restore a good level of easy access and come again at the very first opportunity to undertake a safe and complete clearing of the fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are additionally appropriate for any accidents including traffic accidents. We will additionally assess the surrounding trees for any unseen damage and dismantle and remove the affected tree if needed.
Tree Removal Service Penrith
Even on the ground, tree surgery calls for technical skill and experience, it’s a lot more complex than just taking a chainsaw to a tree. Without applicable competence equipment and experience, you should not attempt tree surgery. If the tree fell because of damages, there can be additional real dangers of some other falling limbs. Certainly never endanger your own personal safety to remove a fallen limb, call your local Penrith tree surgeon professionals.
For a free quote on any kind of tree services give us a call right away.