Handling Trees Damaged In A Storm
Though they are typically considered as being durable and timeless, trees can easily become vulnerable in adverse weather conditions like storms & strong winds. Intense storms and high winds have been known to wipe out trees and uplift even the sturdiest & healthiest trees out of the ground, sending them smashing to the ground, or onto power lines, buildings, neighbours’ gardens and vehicles.
How many times following a storm have you heard of dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees damaging property or blocking the road. Aside from the inconvenience & danger it also can cause expensive repair work.
The toughest decision following a windstorm isn’t how to dispose of the trees that are definitely down, that’s pretty much easy. The more challenging decision is whether some of the trees still standing are salvageable.
Various trees that have been partially affected in the storm might pose a future risk and might need to be cut down and took away to avoid placing property and people in danger in several months or even years ahead.
Some other trees might be conserved by being pruned back, with their worst cracked parts being ‘amputated’ much like how an operating surgeon might take off a gangrenous leg. Others might require to get staked down with guy cables or supported with other supports until they can re-develop the root structure they have to have to stand on their own.
If a windstorm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree experts can be trusted to take away the injured trees efficiently, safely and quickly to allow the building and construction teams easy access to the building to start repair work on the damaged structures and power cables.
Call Us Today For A Free No Obligation Quote
Various Kinds Of Storm Damage
Each of these sorts of damage causes a distinct diagnosis for the trees’ long term survival, but forming a prognosis is a task best left to a fully certified arborist. An unqualified amateur is far more likely to overlook a small detail that could differentiate one decision from another, like observing the splinters from a crown twist but failing to see the slight lean that indicates that the roots also snapped.
There are basically 6 types of storm damage that a tree can’t typically stand up to:
- Blowovers – this is where the whole tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree breaks above the ground, causing the trees crown to fall or to bend violently even though the bottom section continues to be standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the roots of the tree snap beneath the ground, resulting in the tree bending or swinging considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where several limbs of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree turns sufficient to splinter, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely unbalanced crowns. The whole crown effectively becomes a weather vane in a windstorm, twisting to follow the wind flow in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Strikes – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, at the moment. Lightening hits have a several additional effects including massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is always at a substantially higher danger to drop despite the fact that it got through the initial storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree experts will not only remove upended trees properly and with no further damage to buildings, but they will additionally can give useful suggestions on just how to save or preserve existing trees that are still standing, even though they might have been damaged in the storm. Our very qualified staff can assess the scenario on your property and explain to you which trees have experienced more than enough damage that they’d die whether or not they were properly raised and replanted.
Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find your self in need of a local 24 hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will definitely get on site at the very first opportunity to assess the scenario and inform you of all the remedial solutions provided.
If we can’t immediately eliminate the tree, we’ll at least restore a good level of easy access and come again at the very first chance to accomplish a complete and safe clearing of the fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are additionally suitable for any accidents including traffic accidents. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any unknown damage and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if needed.
Tree Removal Service Penrith
Even on the ground, tree surgery calls for technical skill and experience, it’s a lot more complicated than merely taking a chainsaw to a tree. Without applicable competence equipment and experience, you should never have a go at tree surgery. If the tree fell due to damages, there could be additional real dangers of other failing limbs. Do not compromise your personal safety to remove a fallen branch, phone your local Penrith tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quote on any tree tasks call us right away.